Semi Flexible Solar Panel 50 Watts
Our third generation technology. Mesh-contact, monocrystalline, flexible solar panel 50 watts.
The mesh-contact technology means the cell will absorb more heat from the surface and convert more light into electrical energy. The multiple electrical contacts are very thin, exposing more of the active cell surface and contributing to a higher cell efficiency.
Built with a structural coating of ETFE which protects the panel in extreme conditions such as hail and both high and low temperatures.
Very high sunlight conversion, extremely lightweight, with flexibility up to 10 degrees. These solar panels are unique!
Thanks to its flexibility, the panel can adapt easily to many curved surfaces. Applications include motorhomes, caravans and sailing yachts.
The connection block is on the front so the entire underside surface can be attached to the roof or deck. For gluing we recommend our Sikaflex 252i glue.
Suitable SunWorks Charge Controllers:
- SB1Z. Low cost controller with optional remote display
- SB1C. With integral LCD display
- DB1C. Charge both engine and leisure batteries. With integral LCD display
To mount this solar panel on a roof or on a deck, we recommend the following:
To make a secure and watertight connection through a roof or deck:
- Small Roof/Deck Mounting Connection Box with Glands and Terminal Blocks. Watertight.
- Roof/deck solar panel connection gland, 2-way
To simplify the electrical connections to your battery and charge controller:
- Battery Connection Harness with fuse holder
- Cable set. For Single Battery Systems with cable ties and self adhesive mounting pads
- Cable set. For Dual Battery Systems with cable ties and self adhesive mounting pads
- 1-way gland