Solara S50P36. Yacht Solar Panel 12 Watts.
This super-efficient Solara S50P36 yacht solar panel , part of the Solara M Series, was specially developed for maritime use, such as on boats, yachts, buoys and life rafts. If mounted on a solid base, it can be walked on without any risk of breakage. As the panel is bendable by up to 3%, it is also ideally suited for mounting on slightly curved surfaces.
The panel is assembled with very high efficiency mono-crystalline cells encased in a tough seawater-proof module.
The 36 individual cells give a consistently high electrical yield in low-light conditions, and in the diffuse light of autumn and winter.
The panel can be fastened in place with screws and glue. The mounting holes also allow easy attachment to a bimini-top, for example.
Solara thoroughly test each individual solar panel for operational reliability, weather resistance and long-term endurance.
- Mono-crystalline high-performance cells for maximum electrical yields
- Shatter-proof thanks to an embedded aluminium mounting plate.
- Nowoflon film on the back and front. An especially tough, shock-resistant panel surface.
- Seawater-proof protective embedding for the solar cells
- Rugged, sealed flat cable port, seawater-proof for maritime use
- Innovative daisy-chaining technology facilitates mounting on curved surfaces (up to 3%)
- Easy installation with screws and glue
- 36 cells. Suitable for all 12 Volt yacht battery types
- Double-insulated solar cable
- CE certification
- Size: 431 x 243 x 4 mm
During the summer months in the UK this panel will provide a maintenance charge to a small leisure or engine battery.
Use the Solara S50P36 panel with the SunWorks SB0 charge controller for a low-cost Fit-and-Forget battery charging system.
Alternatively, this yacht solar panel can be used with the SunWorks SB1C charge controller. This controller has a large clear LCD display providing detailed information on your solar system performance.
Suitable SunWorks charge controllers:
To mount this yacht solar panel on the deck of your boat, we recommend the following item:
The cable from this solar panel can be taken straight through the deck, with a suitable sealing compound such as Sikaflex 252i.
But if you need to connect two or more of these panels together and make a secure and watertight connection through the deck of your yacht:
To simplify the electrical connections to your battery and charge controller:
- Battery Connection Harness with fuse holder
- Cable set. For Single Battery Systems with cable ties and self adhesive mounting pads