Solar charge controller with LCD display specifically designed for motorhomes, boats and caravans.
This high specification solar charge controller is our best-selling single battery controller. Ensures optimal charging of your battery.
- Can accept solar panels up to 170 watts, 11 amps
- Fully automatic. No setting up routine
- Intelligent 3-stage charging:
- ‘Boost’ mode to take full advantage of the available sunlight
- ‘Absorption’ mode to maximize charge level and prolong battery life
- ‘Float’ mode to maintain the battery once it is fully charged
- Suitable for all 12 Volt leisure and engine batteries. Liquid or gel types
- Large clear LCD display provides continuous reading of solar current and battery voltage
- Available in black or light grey to enhance the interior of any motorhome, boat or yacht
- No visible fixing screws
- Compact design
- High reliability
- Cables can be concealed by entering from the back of the controller, enhancing the appearance
SunWorks Solar Panels that match the SB1C controller
- Our most popular rigid framed solar panel, 150 watts
- Great value rigid framed solar panel, 100 watts
Installing a solar charge controller is straightforward. Each controller comes with complete illustrated instructions.
Here are the basics. See the diagrams below:
- The controller is mounted inside the boat or vehicle, within 4 metres of the battery.
- A 2-core cable passes through the roof or deck to connect the controller to the solar panel.
- Another 2-core cable connects the controller to the battery via a suitable fuse.
Typical connections for a motorhome or caravan:
Typical connections for a yacht or narrowboat:
To help install this controller on your motorhome or boat, we recommend the following items:
- Battery connection harness with fuse holder and fuse
- Cable with cable ties and mounting bases for single battery systems
To make a secure and watertight connection through the roof of your motorhome or the deck of your boat:
- Small Roof/Deck Mounting Connection Box with Glands and Terminal Blocks. Watertight
- Roof/deck connection gland. 2-way.