Solar charge controller SB1Z
The all new SB1Z high performance, economical solar charge controller designed to protect and maximise the charge in your battery.
- Designed specifically for motorhomes, boats and caravans.
- Fit and forget. Silently optimises the charge from your solar panel
- Suitable for solar panels of up to 11 amps, 170 watts
- Optional Remote Display Unit. Bright clear LCD keeps you up to date with the performance of your solar system.
- Very low self-consumption. Suitable for use with most small to medium size solar panels
- Two bright LED’s indicate battery charge level and solar charging mode
- Intelligent 3-stage PWM charging:
- ‘Boost’ mode to take full advantage of the available sunlight
- ‘Absorption’ mode to maximise charge levels, and prolong battery life
- ‘Float’ mode to maintain the battery once it is fully charged
- High efficiency SunWorks Precision PWM technology
- Attractive, compact design
- No setting up routine
- Easy to install
- Compensates for variations in battery temperature
- Selector switch for gel/liquid battery types
- Proven high reliability
- All British design
SunWorks Solar Panels that suit the SB1Z solar panel charge controller:
We can supply rigid aluminium-framed panels, semi-flexible panels and marine grade solar panels. For example:
- Great value standard solar panel for motorhomes and boats, 100 watts.
- Our most popular flexible solar panel, 50 watts.
Installing a solar charge controller is straightforward for any competent DIY person. Each controller comes with complete illustrated instructions.
Here are the basics. See the diagrams below:
- The controller is mounted inside the boat or vehicle, close to the battery.
- A 2-core cable passes through the roof or deck to connect the controller to the solar panel.
- Another 2-core cable connects the controller to the battery via a suitable fuse.
Typical connections for a motorhome or caravan:
Typical connections for a yacht or narrowboat:
Below we list some useful accessories that will ease the installation of your solar panel system.
To help install the SB1Z solar panel charge controller on your motorhome or boat, we recommend the following items:
Other useful accessories:
To make a secure and watertight connection through the roof of your motorhome or the deck of your boat:
- Small Roof/Deck Mounting Connection Box with Glands and Terminal Blocks. Watertight
- Roof/deck solar panel connection gland