Solar Charge Regulator with Load Disconnect SB4ZA
SunWorks Solar Charge Regulator with load disconnect feature SB4ZA is an efficient, economical unit designed to sit next to your battery, silently optimising the charge from your solar panel array.
- Designed specifically for motorhomes, boats and caravans
- Load disconnect facility to guard against excessive battery discharge. Positive line disconnection
- Fit and forget. Silently optimises the charge from your solar panel
- Suitable for solar panels of up to 30 amps, 480 watts
- Optional Remote Display Unit. Bright clear LCD keeps you up to date with the performance of your solar system.
- Two bright LEDs indicate solar charging mode and load disconnect status
- Intelligent 3-stage PWM charging:
- ‘Boost’ mode to take full advantage of the available sunlight
- ‘Absorption’ mode to maximize charge levels, and prolong battery life
- ‘Float’ mode to maintain the battery once it is fully charged
- High efficiency SunWorks Precision PWM technology
- Attractive, compact design
- No setting up routine
- Easy to install
- Compensates for variations in battery temperature
- Suitable for all gel/liquid 12V battery types
- Proven high reliability
- All British design. Built to last
SunWorks Solar Panels that suit the SB4ZA solar panel regulator:
We can supply rigid aluminium-framed panels, semi-flexible panels and marine grade solar panels. For example:
- Great value standard solar panel for motorhomes and boats, 100 watts. The SB4ZA can work with up to four of these.
- Our most popular solar panel, 150 watts. The SB4ZA can work with up to three of these.
Installing a solar panel regulator is straightforward for any competent DIY person. Each regulator comes with complete illustrated instructions.
Here are the basics. See the diagrams below:
- The regulator is mounted inside the boat or vehicle, close to the battery.
- A 2-core cable passes through the roof or deck to connect the regulator to the solar panel.
- Another 2-core cable connects the regulator to the battery via a suitable fuse.
Typical connections for a motorhome or caravan:
Typical connections for a yacht or narrowboat:
Below we list some useful accessories that will ease the installation of your solar panel system.
To help install the SB4ZA solar panel regulator on your motorhome or boat, we recommend the following items:
Other useful accessories:
To make a secure and watertight connection through the roof of your motorhome or the deck of your boat: