Low cost solar panel charge controller.
SunWorks solar panel charge controller SB0. Combining high performance, fully automatic battery charging and protection.
The SB0 is fitted close to your battery using two small screws. One pair of wires connects the controller to the battery and one pair connects to the solar panel. This completes the installation.
- Designed specifically for motorhomes, boats and caravans.
- Fit and forget. Silently optimises the charge from your solar panel
- Very low self-consumption. Suitable for use with most small to medium size solar panels
- Suitable for all 12 Volt leisure and engine batteries. Liquid or gel types
- Two bright LED’s indicate battery charge level and solar charging mode
- Intelligent 3-stage PWM charging:
- ‘Boost’ mode to take full advantage of the available sunlight
- ‘Absorption’ mode to maximise charge levels, and prolong battery life
- ‘Float’ mode to maintain the battery once it is fully charged
- High efficiency SunWorks PWM Precision technology
- Attractive, compact design
- No setting up routine
- Proven high reliability
- All British design
SunWorks Solar Panels that suit the SB0 solar panel charge controller:
We can supply rigid aluminium-framed panels, semi-flexible panels and marine grade solar panels. For example:
- Our most popular standard solar panel for motorhomes and boats, 100 watts.
- Our most popular flexible solar panel, 50 watts.
Installing a solar panel charge controller is straightforward for any competent DIY person. Each controller comes with complete illustrated instructions.
Here are the basics. See the diagrams below:
- The controller is mounted inside the boat or vehicle, close to the battery.
- A 2-core cable passes through the roof or deck to connect the controller to the solar panel.
- Another 2-core cable connects the controller to the battery via a suitable fuse.
Typical connections for a motorhome or caravan:
Typical connections for a yacht or narrowboat:
Below we list some useful accessories that will ease the installation of your solar panel system.
To help install the SB0 solar panel charge controller on your motorhome or boat, we recommend the following items:
Other useful accessories:
To make a secure and watertight connection through the roof of your motorhome or the deck of your boat:
- Small Roof/Deck Mounting Connection Box with Glands and Terminal Blocks. Watertight
- Roof/deck solar panel connection gland